Knowing how to clean a dab rig can seem a really complex.
How is this hard, sticky wax ever going to come out? Plus, just look at rigs for dabs, they don't exactly appear like a simple smoking device.
Thing is, it can be super simple!
Whether you are new to smoking wax concentrates and want to get familiar with cleaning dab rigs or if you've just never thoroughly cleaned the rig you have, then torch it up with us and continue reading!
In this article, you will learn the best way to clean your rig, why salt and alcohol is bad, how to collect reclaim, and more.
Why is it Important to Clean your Dab Rig?
During each dab sesh, your dabglass begins to collect resin build up from the leftover hash oil. Before long, you will notice your dabs rips tasting a little stale and just down right nasty.
A good rule of thumb to help prevent the resin build up on wax oil rig so quickly is to take the full dab hit. But this only does so much.
Eventually your rips with taste nasty enough that you'll know it's time to clean!
The build up of resin alone can promote the growth of harmful mold and bacteria that you will inhale into your lungs. Make sure to prevent any illness and harm to your body by cleaning your concentrate rig as much as possible.
How to Clean a Dab Rig without Alcohol
Most ways to clean a dab rig involve harsh chemicals that are toxic to you and the environment, such as, Isopropyl alcohol and salt. Furthermore, the second main ingredient is course sea salt which is actually damaging to your rig.
If the main two ingredients- salt and alcohol- are damaging to you, to the environment, and to your dab rig, why would you want to continue using them?
Isopropyl Alcohol contains 100% VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). Volatile Organic Compounds are emitted as gases and pollute our environment. Acceptable VOC levels in the air for human health is less than 3%. In some states, it is illegal to expose of alcohol down your drain. That is how toxic it is.
After reading that, do you really want to go clean your rig with Isopropyl Alcohol and salt?
Resolution Gel is a natural, clay-based formula that contains less than 3% VOCs. Resolution Gel is easy to use, and highly effective in cleaning dab rigs! Finally a solution to cleaning your dab rig!
What You Will Need to Clean a Dab Rig
When choosing Resolution Gel Kit, it will arrive to your doorstep with everything you need to clean that dirty rig and get it as shiny as the day you brought it home.
What You Need to Clean a Dab Rig:
- Resolution Gel
- Nylon Brush or Toothbrush
- Carb caps
- Q tips or cotton swabs
- Clean rag or paper towels
How to Clean a Dab Rig with Resolution Gel
Ok, so, you've got all your cleaning dab rig essentials... are you ready to get to the fun part?
Follow these simple on how to clean a dab rig:
1. Disassemble Your Dab Rig
Glass wax rigs come in all shapes and sizes. A basic rig will include the dab tool or wand, a carb cap, and quartz nail or banger. Disassemble dab rig now.
2. Shake Res Bag to Activate Resolution Gel
Grab your trusty Resolution Gel bag. Shake, shake, shake, to activate!
3. Pour Resolution Gel into Dab Rig
Pour enough of the Resolution Gel into your dab rig so that it coats the piece in all areas, especially the reclaim collector. Cover mouth piece and all other holes with carb caps. Shake for 30 seconds. Use the nylon brush to squeeze into little, tight places.
4. Pour Gel Back in Bag and Let Rig Dry
Rinse your dab rig with warm water, never hot. Pour your used Res Gel from your dab rig back into shake bag to reuse for next time! Let dab rig air dry.
And there you have it folks! A brand new (or better than new) dab rig. You're ready to torch up!
How to Clean Dab Rig Nail
Dab setups include the nail also known as quartz banger nail. This is the part you torch to heat up concentrates so you can imagine how grimy it gets.
Follow these simple steps to clean a dab rig nail:
- Remove dab nail from rig.
- Get as much dabs reclaim out as possible so you can enjoy later.
- Insert nail into Res resealable shake bag.
- Shake until all remaining resin has been knocked off.
- Remove nail from bag, use nylon brush to really scrub the parts that need it most.
- Let nail run under warm water for 1 minute or until all Res Gel has been washed off.
How to Clean a Nectar Collector
A glass nectar collector is a portable, small dab rig, made for convenience. It allows you to control exactly how much you are vaporizing. All ya gotta do is pull tip away from wax when you're done with the hit.
Follow these steps to clean a nectar collector:
- Remove the tip and blow through the mouthpiece to remove the water and make room for your Resolution Gel.
- Set the piece upright in a cup and let Resolution Gel go to work for 10 minutes or longer depending on how dirty.
- Place the glass tip in your resealable Res shake bag. Give it a good shake for 5 minutes or longer for the really grimy tips.
- Finally, rinse pieces in warm water. Be sure to rinse all Res Gel solution off.
What is Reclaim Wax?
After each dab sesh, you'll find what is best explained as re-condensed form of cannabis concentrates. This is called reclaim. Think of that hot oil hardening when it cools. Reclaim can be found coating the walls of your dab rig and drop down, as well as in the water.
You can collect reclaim from your dab pipe and yes, you can smoke it! Smoking reclaim is safe and it will definitely get you lit!
The only downside is it may not be the yummiest tasting rip. It can taste similar to smoking out of a dirty bong, but you will feel it nonetheless.
How to Collect Reclaim Dabs
Collecting reclaim from oil rigs can be messy but rewarding! You'll need your rig, wax paper, and torch.
Follow these easy steps for collecting your reclaim dabs:
- Pour all water out of wax oil rig.
- Let it dry out completely. This is how to get water out of reclaim. You don't want any water in your reclaim.
- Remove banger and hover the connector or drop down over your wax paper.
- Torch the reclaim enough to liquefy, and it will drip onto the wax paper. Keep in mind not to over torch reclaim or you will burn out cannabinoids.
Now that you know all the harms alcohol causes to you, the environment, and dab rigs, you know to choose Resolution Gel. Highly effective and nontoxic you'll have a breeze when rig cleaning! Most ways to clean a rig include alcohol and salt so please be careful if you still choose to use this method. Dispose of alcohol as you would any biohazard.
Thanks for reading, stay elevated!