How do you clean a glass pipe is a common question.
To clean your glass pipe we got you covered with the safest and non-toxic method and a few daily habit tips to keep your glass pipe sparkling like the day you got it!
It’s very tempting to smoke and leave your glass pipe there for next time, but your glass can get nasty with all the buildup of resin over prolonged use. This can be detrimental to your health.
Resin build up promotes growth to harmful bacteria and mold that you want to avoid inhaling into your lungs!
Cleaning your glass pipe doesn’t have to be a long or tedious process, either.
Today, we’ll check out ways you can keep your glass pipe or water pipe clean every day so you don’t have to scrape gunk out every time you want to smoke.
Plus did we mention that when you keep your glass pipe you get a much cleaner, smoother, and better rip?
Quickest Way to Clean Your Glass Pipe
There are specialized pipe cleaning solutions that you can use for your glass pipe or water pipe that simplify the cleaning process.
Things like rubbing alcohol and salt are a much more DYI approach, but you want to be careful with the types of over the counter cleaners that you’re putting into your glass. You’re going to be inhaling weed from your glass pipe or water pipe so you want to make sure there’s no toxic residue left behind.
Alcohol and salt are harmful to your water, your health, and your environment learn more on how to clean a glass pipe without alcohol.
Resolution gel is the best cleaning solution. It is environmentally safe and completely non-toxic unlike rubbing alcohol. You don’t have to worry about anything funky getting left behind in your glass. Using Resolution gel is also ridiculously easy. So easy we know it's absolutely the easiest way to clean a water pipe. The gel packs come with easy to use spouts that you can pour straight into your water pipe's downstem.
The simplest way for how to clean a water pipe stem- get a bit of gel inside and let it soak. You'll be amazed to see that resin fall off the down stem and how easily it cleans inside the glass pipe.
For daily maintenance, you can let it soak for a good 5 minutes and it’ll melt any build up away like butter. Then rise it out and give it a quick scrub with a cleaning brush.
Not too complicated, right?
For a quick break down follow these steps on how to clean a glass pipe:
1.Disassemble Dirty Glass Pipe Pieces
Take apart any pieces that will come apart in your glass pipe.
2.Shake to activate Resolution Gel Pouch
Shake your resolution gel pouch to activate the compound cleaning formula.
3.Pour Gel into Dirty Glass Pipe
Pour resolution gel into the dirty glass pipe and cover with carb caps. Let sit for 30 seconds and shake if necessary. You can also place any downstem or glass pipe accessories into the pouch directly and let sit for 30 seconds.
4.Pour out gel and Rinse with Warm Water
Pour the gel from the dirty glass water pipe back into the pouch (yes, Resolution is reusable) and remove the downstem and other smoking accessories from your glass pipe from the pouch. Rinse everything off with warm water and dry with soft towel.
5. Detail Glass Pipe with Cleaning Tool
Use a pipe cleaning tool or any glass pipe detail cleaning tool to get any stubborn residue if left.
How to Get Resin Out of a Glass Pipe?
If you haven’t gotten into the habit of cleaning glass pipe, you might be dealing with a lot of build up and pipe water smell.
Follow these simple steps on how to get resin out of a glass pipe:
- Dump out any water in your glass pipe. It's recommended to flush down the toilet so your sink doesn't stink.
- Grab some Gel and let your glass soak for roughly 30 minutes this time. You want to give the cleaner time to really remove everything that’s been caked on from not being cleaned daily.
- Give it a shake, wash it out, and scrub the rest with a pipe brush. Easiest way to clean a glass pipe.
- The Resolution gel soak also works if you have clogs that you need to break through. A paperclip or scraper won’t get everything out so if you want a thorough cleaning, give your glass a gel soak.
That’s all you have to do to keep your glass clean and ready for the next use. Click here to grab your Resolution cleaning kit for best way to clean glass pipes and glass pipe maintenance. What to use to clean a glass pipe is all included.
Can You Smoke Pipe Resin?
If you use daily maintenance to keep a glass pipe clean, the resin build up will be good for resin hits. The cleaner the glass pipe, the cleaner the resin. Smoking pipe resin that has been sitting for months is going to harbor bacteria, only smoke resin that has been sitting for less than 48 hours.
How to smoke resin out of a glass pipe:
- Get as much resin buildup out of the glass pipe as possible.
- Roll the resin into a ball with your fingers. You can add weed into the mix, if you want to had some fresh terpenes.
- Put the resin ball into your clean glass pipe with fresh water and light up!
Can you smoke resin from a glass pipe? Yes!
Empty and Rinse Dirty Pipe Water if You're in a Rush
For days where you can’t spare a few minutes to go through the cleaning process, you can do the “empty and rinse.”
- Grab your dirty pipe water and empty it out.
- Take your glass pipe and rinse with hot water. This is also the answer to how often to change pipe water, after each use.
- With your pipe, you can scrape the resin out and also give it a quick hot water rinse. Save the resin to the side to take resin hits later!
While empty and rinse is quick and easy, It isn’t recommended to solely stick to this method because eventually, you’ll get a nasty build up of resin that isn’t going to go away with hot water alone. This method is good for keeping dirty pipe water from sitting on your bedside table wreaking while you sleep.
What is Pipe Water and Why do You put Water in a Glass Pipe
Pipe water is the water added to a glass pipe prior to a smoke sesh. It cools the smoke, filters it a little and makes smoking a slightly smoother experience, usually with less coughing.
Follow these water pipe tips:
- Only use cold water to fill a pipe past slit disc perc before smoking. Add ice cubes to smoke a chilled rip!
- Only use warm water to rinse when there's still resin visible. Never hot! Warm water will soften the resin buildup just a touch to help loosen it up.
- Only use hot water on your glass pipe and rinse the solution off this way. What hot water does to resin is it melts it back slightly and reinforces it to your glass, only prolonging the cleaning process.
Now you're an expert on daily maintenance to keep your glass pipe.
Resolution Gel is the safest most effective way to clean all your smoking tools! To learn more in depth details to cleaning your glass pipe, click the link! If you would like to learn how to clean a grinder, click the link. To learn how to clean a grinder screen, click the link. If you want to be an expert on how to clean a dab rig, click the link.
Stay safe and stay lit, guys!